Optimization of contract agreements and infrastructure in outsourced server environments
A joint webinar by SMT Data and Zangenberg Analytics
The webinar is targeted:
- Contract management/procurement,
- IT Finance, and
- Technical personnel responsible for following up on server capacity and related costs
Cost = Price x Quantity
The cost of outsourcing server infrastructure (eg Windows, Linux, UNIX, AS / 400) is a function of quantity and unit prices.
In this seminar, we look at the possibilities of optimizing both parts of the calculation since there is a lot of money at stake for most organizations.
It is important to follow market prices as certain unit prices fall by over 20% per year. At the same time, you must be aware that the risk of not optimizing your portfolio is that you easily end up paying for far more units than you actually use.
Zangenberg Analytics is a leading consultancy company within outsourcing prices. SMT Data is a leader in measurements and optimization of operating platforms, also called “rightsizing”. In this seminar we will show how to combine the two approaches.
Price: “Server outsourcing – the economy”, by Frederik Bastkær Christensen from Zangenberg Analytics
- The typical deal – focus areas and pitfalls
- Unit prices and their development over time
- Parameters affecting the price: Scope, SLAs and contract terms
- Price regulation and supplier management in outsourcing agreements
- Software management
Quantity: “Optimizing the infrastructure”, by Steven Thomas from SMT Data
- The case for optimization – actual examples
- Measurements of utilization – how?
- Optimization options
- Savings related to optimization
- Pitfalls in rightsizing
The webinar will be in English. At the end of the webinar there will be an interactive Q&A session.
As a participant you are required to register in advance. To ensure GDPR compliance we will need your consent to allow for other participants to be able to see your name and email during the session, as we are making use of Microsoft Teams.
For any question please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com