How can you best cope with large amounts of SMF data and still focus on the really important information.
This is the important topic of the coming GSE UK webinar by ITBI specialist and Senior Consultant at SMT Data Carsten Rasmussen.
The webinar is part of the GSE UK Region Virtual Conference.
Session coordinator: Piara Bhamra
- Daily users of z/OS Capacity and Performance data
- Head of Mainframe
- IT Management
The presentation provides a view of recommended best practices of capacity and performance management.
- Daily use of SMF data to gain insight knowledge about mainframe resource consumption.
- Analysis of daily production to avoid or reduce excessive resource usage.
- Comparing current data with historic data to find trends or periodic pattern in resource utilization.
- End to end performance and tuning including:
- implementation, and
- measuring results.
Related to both system and applications.
The presentation includes two customer cases:
Posten Norge – by Arne Nilsen
DNB – by Audun Faaberg