Help us save the world from excess it-consumption. The CO2 emission of IT today, has reached the same level as global air traffic. By 2030 the emission of IT is expected to be 4 times the size of today. We want to change that trend.
You are among the best and you know it. You need not brag because your dedicated effort and excellent results show it.
This position offers you the opportunity to utilize all your expertise within DevSecOps.
You will get the responsibility for running our FinOps / Capacity Management tool which is used daily by our own consultants as well as experts within our customers organizations.
The tool consists of an angular based front end, an IAM module, an embedded third-party BI tool, a data lake, and a growing number of API- and AI capabilities. Most of our customers are hosted on AWS and a few run On-Premise at the customers own sites. Over the past 4-5 years we have invested in maturing the solution and the On-Premise installations have very recently been upgrade to support containerization. But we need to go way further – and that’s why we need you.
- Get flexible test environments in place,
- Get CI/CD in place for everything in the product to increase our development speed and decrease risk at deployment,
- Get portability in place so our CI/CD approach works across AWS- and On-Premise hosting,
- Get everything in control. Nirvana is when you spend ZERO time running the product.
In the Long run
- When things are in control, we would love your expertise reflected in our own product to benefit our customers FinOps processes and REALLY reduce cost and it-utilization.
Our core Business is FinOps, which we have been doing for the past more than 30 years. And you are right, the term FinOps didn’t exist 30 years ago nor did DevSecOps. However, the disciplines of computer science have not really changed that much when you dig down to the bottom of the technology stacks. And that’s what we like to do.
Our FinOps approach is based on Capacity Management. Meaning; we work with technical log data from the operating systems to continuously understand and analyze how much hardware is necessary to run all deployed loads. We do this for very large installations only, and our customers are the largest banks, car manufacturers, insurance companies, governmental institutions etc.
Our Value Proposition has originally been matured on Mainframe technologies and in this area, we are still among the very best in the world. Later our approach was applied to Windows and Linux servers to address the full it infrastructures of our customers. Now Kubernetes and Public Clouds are growing heavily, and we are in the process of including support for that in our FinOps tool to address the full it infrastructure of a modern Large Enterprise. Considering Cloud, our philosophy differentiates us from most other tools in the market because we focus on right sizing the hardware utilization – instead of what most others do: stimulate cost reductions due to long term commitments of more hardware. Thus, our vision is: ‘Saving the world from excess it-consumption’.
Our Company is at a scale up phase so think about scaling in everything you do. We operate internationally, still with most customers in Europe and increasing traction from America, Australia, and Asia.
Your closest colleagues will be the developers in our DevSecOps team. However, we are a relatively small company, so we are working very closely with each other from sales to marketing, consulting and DevSecOps.
We are located in Holte, Denmark and our workplace is international and hybrid. Your presence at the Holte office is preferred at least as a starting point.
- You are easy going and enjoy socializing
- You are a team player
- You educate your team colleagues in the disciplines you master and stay open to learn from others
- You naturally take the lead and inspire your surroundings with your competences
- Solid experience as full stack developer
- A master’s degree in computer science or similar
- Understanding of security reviews and penetration testing
- Very experienced in running secure and scalable VPC’s on AWS
- Some experience with Azure and Google Cloud
- Very experienced in setting up and running efficient CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent English skills in both reading and writing
Send Mads Ehlers Rasmussen, co-CEO, a few lines about your motivation and a link to a reference project on GitHub or similar.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
SMT Data A/S