- To keep focus on IT cost reduction in an outsourced environment
- To provide fact based decision support for IT (like all other business areas)
- To establish a balanced and equal dialogue with the outsourcer
- Implementing ITBIaaS for all major platforms
- Fact based IT-decisions for: Management, Finance, Application Development and IT-operations
- Transparency leads to better control of the outsourced environment
- Significant cost reductions and ROI in a few months
Ensuring efficient IT sourcing and vendor management in an organisation of this size is no small feat but Director IT Sourcing & Vendor Mgmt, Sven Langerak, has been running a tight ship through more than ten years at Posten Norge.
Interestingly, the ability to now make fact-based decisions on the sizing and usage also implies that decisions previously where made on a much less informed basis, i.e. on assumptions.
When asked about which other businesses could also benefit from the services of SMT Data, Sven Langerak concludes: “This is not industry dependant, that is the beauty of it. As long as it has to do with IT infrastructure – you will achieve significant advantages”.