- Create management insight into cost driver relations between IT usage and realization of business objectives
- Facilitate savings through optimization across IT-platforms
- Lack of transparency and control in an outsourced environment
- Create daily updated, independent, trustworthy and flexible reporting and analysis on capacity, performance, and cost in an outsourced environment
- Significant initial savings realized in the mainframe environment
- Budgeted 15% capacity growth YoY for 3 years was kept flat
- Understands who uses what, when, how much and at what cost
Regaining control and transparency in an outsourced environment
Olav Kvale and Bjørn Paulsrud are the tandem at the helm of DNB IT Services and they are always on the look-out for more efficient ways to face the challenge of providing the management with crucial information and insights into how various applications drive costs. When they learned about IT Business Intelligence from SMT Data the information they received was so consistent with the parameters they worked within that they scarcely hesitated to enter into concrete negotiations. It’s early summer on the outskirts of Oslo where we sit down with Olav and Bjørn and Owe Østrem, Norwegian Country Manager for SMT Data, in DNB’s IT headquarters to hear the story.
Bjørn Paulsrud: ”It all boils down to us needing to be able to control costs. That requires us to be able to exhaustively track fluctuations and variations in the operational flow.
We used to rely on reports that were both historical and static, but IT Business Intelligence is so much closer to real-time tracking and insight. It is extremely dynamic and adaptable to our specific needs.”