The new version, ITBI™ 2019 R1, is in the process of being rolled out to SMT Data’s customers. The improvements of the ITBI 2019 R1 version are clearly visible. For example, CPU utilization during nightly processing of data has been reduced by roughly 70% and the data cubes are ready much earlier.
ITBI 2019 R1 runs faster, is simpler to install, faster to upgrade and easier to operate. This means:
– The nightly processing of data has been optimized.
– ITBI reports run faster.
– Installation and upgrade have been automated, significantly reducing the effort and improving the quality.
– Overall ITBI has become more robust, so that it is easier to operate and there are fewer operational issues that need to be handled manually.
Most of the focus of the release has been on operational improvements, but there are also some functional enhancements.
– Support of the latest versions of IBM hardware and software products
– CICS CPU now split into CP and zIIP
– Jobclass extended to support 8 characters
At SMT Data we are very proud to be able to create even more benefits for our customers, helping them reduce IT costs and improve performance.
If you have questions regarding this new version of ITBI please contact CTO Steven Thomas Steven.Thomas@smtdata.com or go to our Solution and Services catalogue to learn about ITBI and our services in general.