If the IT organization cannot relate IT operational costs to Application Development activities and the IT organization cannot explain to the business why costs are increasing and how the cost increases are related to applications, you have a major challenge that need to be addressed.
By doing so these advantages can be achieved:
- Identify candidates for tuning based on contribution to infrastructure cost
- Identify trends in capacity and performance and plan for change
- Understand the capacity and performance impact of application changes
- Correctly size infrastructure for new deployments
- Explain infrastructure costs to the business