Mainframe Software License Optimization
A joint DEEP DIVE by SMT Data, Virtual Z, ISAM Group and world programming.
The webinar is targeted:
- Contract Management/Procurement,
- IT Finance, and
- Technical personnel responsible for following up on Mainframe Software.
Software licenses accounts for a very high percentage (60-70%) of Mainframe TCO (Total Cost of Ownership). What are the possibilities for optimization?
How can you deliver the same or even a higher level of service to our internal customers at a lower cost?
This webinar will give you the ultimate view of the opportunities you have, based on the latest technologies.
You will hear about how you can empower your organization with new tools while lowering your Mainframe software costs.
The moderator for this event will be Jeanne Glass from Virtual Z.
A look at the Variable Software Cost Models (with ITBI), by Steven Thomas
- MLC / WLC
- Tailored Fit Pricing
Cost-savings and modernization trends, by Vince Re from Virtual Z
- Leveraging total cost of ownership on the mainframe to run smarter
- Optimizing with new innovations for “future proofing” and cost reductions
Contract pricing and Substitution, by Alan Bain from ISAM
- Software license review
- Negotiating tactics, and
Improving development with no additional costs, by Oliver Perilli from world programming
- Cost saving opportunities via SAS to WPS migration
- Take advantage of the ability to mix Python and R capabilities with SAS language
- Maintain mission critical programs
- Modernize to the cloud, to a new on-premise platform, or to a hybrid of cloud and on-premise
The webinar will be in English. At the end of the webinar there will be an interactive Q&A session.
As a participant you are required to register in advance. To ensure GDPR compliance we will need your consent to allow for other participants to be able to see your name and email during the session, as we are making use of Microsoft Teams. The webinar will be recorded.
For any question please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org