Mainframe Outsourcing Transparency and Contract Optimization
A webinar by SMT Data in collaboration with Zangenberg Analytics
Part 1 Mainframe Contract Optimization and Mainframe Application Maintenance – by Frederik Bastkær Christensen, Partner and Managing Director, Zangenberg Analytics
- Mainframe Contract Optimization:
- The current state of the Mainframe Market and its Key Players
- Optimization of your Mainframe Contracts (Scope of Service, Software, Cost Metrics incl. 4HRA, percentiles, hard cap, soft cap etc.
- How do the Key Players differ (IBM, KMD, Evry, CGI, Tieto, Fujitsu JN Data)?
- MIPS Calculation Methods
- Utilization of specialty-engines
- Mainframe Application Maintenance: pricing, metrics, contract types and the specific challenges related to Mainframe such as providing documentation, over-dependence on key staff and off-shoring.
Part 2 Outsourcer Transparency – by Steven Thomas, Chief Technology Officer, SMT Data
- The basic elements of CPU-based pricing for outsourced mainframes:
- Understanding MIPS and MSU
- The pitfalls of MIPS
- The mainframe outsourcer’s cost structure
- Billing models for outsourced mainframes
- How to follow up on your mainframe outsourcer
This webinar is specially targeted:
- Contract management/procurement
- IT Finance
- Technical personnel responsible for monitoring the outsourcer
in companies with outsourced Mainframe – or considering to outsource their Mainframe.
The webinar will be in English. At the end of the webinar there will be an interactive Q&A and Panel session.
As a participant you are required to register in advance. To ensure GDPR compliance we will need your consent to allow for other participants to be able to see your name and email during the session, as we are making use of Microsoft Teams. The webinar will be recorded.
For any question please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org