Senior IT Business Intelligence Consultant for Mainframe at SMT Data
SMT Data’s business is growing and we are looking for a new member for our small but highly skilled professional services team. You will work on ITBI™ projects with our z/OS customers in Denmark as well as in the rest of Europe.
About SMT Data A/S
SMT Data’s IT Business Intelligence (ITBI™) solution applies business intelligence methods and tools to performance and capacity data from z/OS, Windows Server and Unix. This technical data is enriched by mapping it to business dimensions such as organization, application and cost thereby giving insight into who is using what for how much. This insight into the business as well as the technical drivers behind infrastructure costs allows for optimization and cost savings.
The ITBI™ solution consists of software and services developed and delivered by a world class team. The software is provided primarily as a cloud based solution (ITBI as a Service), but can also be provided as a standard package installed at the customer site. As an SMT Data consultant, you will assist the customers in realizing the full benefits of ITBI™.
SMT Data is a privately held company founded in 1990 and we employ highly skilled specialists in software development, consultancy services and sales. Our headquarters is in Holte and we work with a network of partners across Europe.
For further information on SMT Data please see www.smtdata.com
About the position
Main areas of responsibility and tasks
As Senior ITBI Consultant you will assist our customers in getting maximum value from SMT Data’s solutions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and optimizing the capacity and performance of the customer’s z/OS environment including WLM, CICS, DB2, IMS, MQ with the help of SMT Data’s ITBI™ Solution
- Providing managed services to customers including ongoing assessment of capacity and performance characteristics of their z/OS system
- Being a ‘trusted advisor’ for customers in dialog with their outsourcers about capacity, performance and billing questions
- Providing presales support, product demonstration and project planning
- Driving ‘Proof of Value’ and pilot projects to help the customer evaluate SMT Data’s offerings
- Customizing SMT Data’s solutions to meet specific customer needs.
In addition, you will work closely with the SMT Data’s software development team, providing them with insight into customer needs and market trends in order to ensure the SMT delivers the best possible solutions to the market.
- You have 5+ years’ experience working with z/OS as a consultant, systems administrator, infrastructure architect or capacity manager
- You have a deep technical insight into z/OS performance and capacity metrics including SMF and RMF
- You have a proven ability to understand complex technical problems
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You may also have experience with:
- CICS, DB2, IMS, MQ, WAS
- Cloud computing
- BI tools and methods
Preferred personal qualities
- You are service minded with the ability to fulfil the ultimate purpose of helping customers.
- You can work effectively with responsibility, commitment, and accountability.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English. More languages are an advantage.
- You are ready to contribute to teamwork in a small team to ensure success.
- You are ready to travel a couple of times a month, to different customer locations around Europe.
- You enjoy a job with entrepreneurial freedom and responsibility.
SMT Data offers you
- A challenging position where your efforts will have decisive influence on the company’s development and success
- The opportunity to create results together with SMT Data’s customers that include some of the largest and most complex IT installations in Scandinavia
- A highly experienced team of colleagues giving you optimum sparring opportunities
- A job with freedom and responsibility
- A company who considers its employees to be the most important resource
- A salary and benefit plan that matches qualifications
How to apply
If you have questions or if you wish to apply, please contact Steen Elsborg, COO:
SMT Data A/S