We are a dedicated team working to innovate and create transparency between IT and business, come join us!
Vacant positions at SMT Data
We are looking for a great Operation specialist to SMT Data’s Headquarters in Holte.
About the position
As an operation specialist at SMT Data you will be part of a small world class team in a company with big ambitions, where your contribution will have decisive influence on the company’s development and success.
You will have the opportunity to create results together with SMT Data’s customers that include some of the largest and most complex IT installations in Europe. As an operation specialist you will be responsible for the operation, support and the infrastructure in SMT Data. Their services are primarily built on AWS.
Your tasks will be:
Maintaining our AwS environment:
• Provisioning and configuring Windows servers
Running the ITBI application:
• Daily operation/scheduling/monitoring of our ITBI solution
• Incident management and Customer support
• Regular maintenance and upgrades
Participating in Customer Projects:
• Installation and customization of new customers on the ITBI solution
• Participation in ‘Proof of Value’ projects
Driving continuous improvement of the ITBI operational environment:
• Ensuring well defined processes
• Implementing tools to automate these processes
• Improved reporting both internally and externally
• Ensure high-quality documentation of the environment
You will work closely together with SMT Data’s Operations Manager in a day-to-day partnership where stability, continuous improvements and customer satisfaction are the primary drivers.
Moreover, you will also interface with our team of Customer Consultants, who will provide you with insight into customer needs and market trends, as well as our development team, with whom you will share operational feedback and inputs. All this to create the best service for our customers
• Background in IT operation
• Operational experience on the Windows platform
• You like to automate operation tasks and you properly have experience with Powershell, Perl or a similar
• You have experience with MS SQL
• You are interested in understanding customers’data and systems and how the customers use SMT Data’s solutions
Preferred personal qualities:
• You are curious and eager to learn
• You have a positive mindset and contribute to a team with openness and a social mindset
• You like to be challenged and enjoy finding creative solutions to automate operational tasks
• You can work effectively with responsibility, commitment, and accountability
• You enjoy a job with entrepreneurial freedom and responsibility
• Quality is a central part of your DNA
• You have a Do´er attitude
SMT Data offers you:
• A challenging position in a company with a strong focus on professional development
• A highly experienced team of colleagues giving you optimum sparring opportunities
• A job with freedom and responsibility
• A company who considers its employees to be the most important resource
• A salary and benefit plan that matches qualifications
How to apply:
If you have questions or if you wish to apply, click on this link, contact Coresearch at +45 7026 0326 or send your CV to email@example.com
SMT Data’s business is growing and we are looking for a new member for our small but highly skilled professional services team. You will work on ITBI™ projects with our z/OS customers in Denmark as well as in the rest of Europe.
About SMT Data A/S
SMT Data’s IT Business Intelligence (ITBI™) solution applies business intelligence methods and tools to performance and capacity data from z/OS, Windows Server and Unix. This technical data is enriched by mapping it to business dimensions such as organization, application and cost thereby giving insight into who is using what for how much. This insight into the business as well as the technical drivers behind infrastructure costs allows for optimization and cost savings.
The ITBI™ solution consists of software and services developed and delivered by a world class team. The software is provided primarily as a cloud based solution (ITBI as a Service), but can also be provided as a standard package installed at the customer site. As an SMT Data consultant, you will assist the customers in realizing the full benefits of ITBI™.
SMT Data is a privately held company founded in 1990 and we employ highly skilled specialists in software development, consultancy services and sales. Our headquarters is in Holte and we work with a network of partners across Europe.
For further information on SMT Data please see www.smtdata.com
About the position
Main areas of responsibility and tasks
As Senior ITBI Consultant you will assist our customers in getting maximum value from SMT Data’s solutions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and optimizing the capacity and performance of the customer’s z/OS environment including WLM, CICS, DB2, IMS, MQ with the help of SMT Data’s ITBI™ Solution
- Providing managed services to customers including ongoing assessment of capacity and performance characteristics of their z/OS system
- Being a ‘trusted advisor’ for customers in dialog with their outsourcers about capacity, performance and billing questions
- Providing presales support, product demonstration and project planning
- Driving ‘Proof of Value’ and pilot projects to help the customer evaluate SMT Data’s offerings
- Customizing SMT Data’s solutions to meet specific customer needs.
In addition, you will work closely with the SMT Data’s software development team, providing them with insight into customer needs and market trends in order to ensure the SMT delivers the best possible solutions to the market.
- You have 5+ years’ experience working with z/OS as a consultant, systems administrator, infrastructure architect or capacity manager
- You have a deep technical insight into z/OS performance and capacity metrics including SMF and RMF
- You have a proven ability to understand complex technical problems
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You may also have experience with:
- CICS, DB2, IMS, MQ, WAS
- Cloud computing
- BI tools and methods
Preferred personal qualities
- You are service minded with the ability to fulfil the ultimate purpose of helping customers.
- You can work effectively with responsibility, commitment, and accountability.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English. More languages are an advantage.
- You are ready to contribute to teamwork in a small team to ensure success.
- You are ready to travel a couple of times a month, to different customer locations around Europe.
- You enjoy a job with entrepreneurial freedom and responsibility.
SMT Data offers you
- A challenging position where your efforts will have decisive influence on the company’s development and success
- The opportunity to create results together with SMT Data’s customers that include some of the largest and most complex IT installations in Scandinavia
- A highly experienced team of colleagues giving you optimum sparring opportunities
- A job with freedom and responsibility
- A company who considers its employees to be the most important resource
- A salary and benefit plan that matches qualifications
How to apply
If you have questions or if you wish to apply, please contact Steven Thomas, CTO:
+45 2065 8259
SMT Data A/S
If you are innovative, a good team player, able to comprehend complex business structure, and can see yourself in a specialist role – either as an architect or consultant, we’d like to hear from you.
For an unsolicited application, please email a cover letter and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org